Accounting AssociateSt. Paul, MN
You would join an existing team of accounting professionals and be responsible for some of the daily
accounting duties. This is a great opportunity to gain insight into overall business operations while
performing core accounting competencies. Our accounting team is responsible for supporting two separate
companies; KFI Engineers and its sister organization North Central Aviation. If you are looking for a
satisfying, rewarding opportunity, with a variety of duties, we are looking for you.
The position is fast pace, full time allowing for some flexibility of daily schedule while maintaining a “core
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Project cost accounting
• Input and maintain project financial information in software program
• Provide budget vs. actual information to project managers
• Accounts receivable duties including collection follow-up on past due accounts
• Assist with client invoice processing
• Accounts payable duties
• Reconcile credit card statements
• Reconcile daily flight details
• Assist in compiling performance tracking metrics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Highly motivated, professional demeanor with a “can-do” attitude
• Team-oriented and strong work ethic
• Proficient and accurate data entry skills necessary
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, shift focus if needed to assist other staff
• Maintain a well-organized system to account for various information processed
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Understanding the Business
• Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job;
understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and
• Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get
things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less
and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
• Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate
action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
• Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and
processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer
issues are resolved.
• Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a
• Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case,
addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
• Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality,
or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
REQUIRED- Associate’s Degree or higher in Accounting or 1 – 2 years of equivalent experience.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.