Commissioning Office LeadPhoenix, AZ
The Commissioning Office Lead plays a key role in the overall success of our Phoenix office. Reporting to the Performance Group Manager, this individual will lead marketing efforts, manage staff, and provide technical expertise to grow the office. In an ideal world, the person filling this opening will have established industry contacts and relationships in the Phoenix area. The successful candidate will have experience in marketing and executing commissioning projects. Knowledgeable on DDC control systems required, and familiarity with Test & Balance a plus. ASHRAE, NEBB, and other industry organization affiliations desired.
The person filling this position must have an entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable networking with customers to identify opportunities and successfully contract for project work. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and influencing skills, as well as the ability to lead and manage staff. This person must also be self-directed but thrive in an environment where consultation and collaboration lead to superior outcomes.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assists in the development and execution of business plans that support Performance Group business across all offices.
• Leads business development and marketing activities, identifying, documenting and tracking business opportunities.
• Communicate and build internal and external relationships to ensure marketing strategy and input is aggressive, accurate, persuasive, and timely.
• Leads and assists in the preparation of proposals and interviews.
• Assists in the development of letter proposals, including compiling technical and non-technical data, editing, printing, assembly, and submittal of proposals.
• Ensures that new business development opportunities are properly defined, scoped, and priced.
• Helps drive the development of projects, thereby ensuring a common understanding of project scope, feasibility, timing, and funding requirements.
• Attends conferences and trade shows, networking, and identifying new leads and prospects.
• Actively participates in relevant outside professional organizations.
• Serves as key customer contact for select clients, assisting Project Managers, and strategically engaging with clients.
• Provide department financial reporting, including tracking of 30 60 90 reports and analyzing financial billings.
• Serve as Project Manager or sponsor for clients when other qualified staff are unavailable.
• Continuously expand and update professional knowledge and skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
• Actively engages in technical work, as needed, to support projects and staff.
• Manages office staff, including day to day activities and their long-term development.
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything they start.
Focusing on the Customer
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
- Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is ideal. However, KFI is open to hiring the right candidate who may not have a formal Engineering degree, but has experience with leading marketing activities and staff management.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.