Commissioning TechnicianPhoenix, AZ
The Commissioning Technician plays a key role in the successful execution of commissioning, re/retro-commissioning, and energy audit projects in Phoenix and our other various locations. Reporting to the Performance Group Manager, this individual will provide technical expertise, oversight, and some limited technical management to ensure that the performance of buildings, systems, and equipment conform to design specifications.
A successful candidate will have substantial experience in MEP systems operations and maintenance. Knowledge in BAS controls or Test & Balance highly desired. This person must also be self-directed but thrive in an environment where consultation and collaboration lead to superior outcomes.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Actively contributes to all aspects of the business development process through customer meetings and doer/sell client activities.
• Conducts building performance evaluations and audits, including commissioning, re-commissioning, and retro-commissioning activities.
• Actively participates in construction meetings. Directs commissioning meetings, recording action items, and distributing these to all key stakeholders.
• Writes and develop MEP construction checklists and test procedures
• Performs construction inspections to ensure MEP installations conform to project documents.
• Performs Commissioning and Test & Balance measurements
• Executes Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) functional tests, including point verification and sequence tests.
• Ensures that all project work is properly documented and reported.
• Works with other staff to develop reports.
• May be asked to assist in project management, including developing project plans, requesting and securing resources, and keeping the project on track for on-time delivery.
Understanding the Business
• Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
• Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
• Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
• Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
• Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
• Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
• Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
While a formal degree or a particular education is welcome; more important is experience interacting with contractors on a frequent basis (i.e. someone who has worked in one of the construction trades), or has experience operating and troubleshooting building automation systems.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.