Facilities Program ManagerSt. Paul, MN
The Facilities Program Manager plays a key role in the growth of our business and overall customer satisfaction. Reporting to Director, this individual will assess the need for ongoing capital investments and facility improvements, and ensure these are implemented when needed. The Facilities Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that client sites are secure, maintained and running smoothly. The successful candidate will also contribute to a dynamic team environment by being proactive, and modeling a highly collaborative working environment. This person will also actively support the business development process, through the writing of proposals and meeting with prospective and current customers.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop the business plan for the start-up of this operation, including the activities necessary to define a business and pricing model, as well as a go-to-market strategy.
- Assess ongoing facility improvements and preventative maintenance requirements.
- Develop and manage the facility capital and expense budgets necessary to ensure safe and efficient operation of the mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Ensure that all facilities work is properly planned and executed.
- Coordinate system repairs and monitor system performance.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols.
- Manage staff, as well as direct the activities of contractors and clients, ensuring coordination and execution of needed work.
- Ensure full coordination of all stakeholders and clear communication between them and our clients.
The successful candidate will have a pragmatic and applied approach, while at the same time bring a keen interest in building a business model that is scalable and supports growth.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated a strong proficiency in facilities and building management. This person will have strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable effective interaction with client, contractors and fellow employees. The level of seasoning we are looking for likely comes with a minimum of 10 years of experience following graduation.
The successful candidate will be naturally collaborative, and possess the ability to assimilate a range of ideas, programs or alternatives into a set of recommendations. This person will be self-directed, but thrive in an environment where consultation leads to superior outcomes.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess include:
- Facilities or building management experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems.
- Excellent project management skills.
- General business/financial acumen.
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Is well organized, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
- Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even contrary ones
- Identifies and attracts talented candidates for key roles; onboards new employees effectively; set clear expectations and effectively manages performance; ensures that people are learning what they need to succeed; recognizes and engages staff.
Displays Financial Acumen
- Identifies key financial indicators and metrics necessary to measure success; sets aggressive yet achievable financial goals; draws accurate conclusions from financial reports and uses this information to support decision-making.
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction/Facilities Management or a related discipline, plus a minimum of 10 years working experience.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.