Field/Construction RepresentativesSt. Paul, MN
The Field/Construction Representative plays a key role in the successful execution of projects on-site with clients and the project construction team. This person is focused primarily on the coordination of communications and work between different stakeholders (KFI project team, client, general contractor or construction manager, subcontractors, vendors, etc.). Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the incumbent is also responsible for troubleshooting a wide range of problems, and facilitating the timely execution of decisions directly affecting the timeliness and quality of our work and the overall satisfaction of our client.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Engage in cost estimating, construction planning, scheduling, and potentially equipment procurement.
• Ensure that full documentation for the project takes place and is distributed to all of the right stakeholders.
• Coordinate and monitor the work of all contractors and subs, ensuring that the quality of the work meets or exceeds both KFI and our client’s standards.
• Attend construction meetings, ensuring full representation of the needs of both the client and KFI.
• Carry out the research necessary to identify and address the root cause of problems.
• Inspect equipment and critically observe testing of the same.
• Review and provide clarification to construction documents as required.
• Communicate, both verbally and in writing as necessary, with the appropriate staff at KFI who can expedite the resolution of customer problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will have a pragmatic and applied approach, while at the same time fostering a thorough examination of customer needs and potential application of our capabilities.
The successful candidate will have strong construction and field experience, along with an ability to engage others and build credibility quickly. Ideally, the person filling this position will be able to comprehend technical work in the field and be able to convey situations and problems concisely to others. The person will possess strong communication skills, and influencing skills, and has demonstrated the maturity and self-confidence to work with a wide variety of individuals. The level of seasoning we are looking for likely comes with a minimum of 10 – 15 years of experience.
The successful candidate will be naturally collaborative and possess the ability to assimilate a range of ideas, programs, or alternatives into a set of recommendations. This person will be self-directed, but able to adapt quickly to rapidly changing circumstances. Naturally, this person must be willing to travel, and open to being on a job site for weeks at a time.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess include:
• Strong technical skills, and the demonstrated ability to understand and apply engineering and design principles and standards.
• Fundamental understanding of all disciplines (millwright, piping, mechanical, electrical, and civil/structural).
• Cost estimating.
• Planning and organizational skills, combined with good attention to detail.
• Ability to build consensus and influence others.
• Utilities project experience.
Understanding the Business
• Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision, and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
• Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
• Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
• Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
• Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
AAS Degree/Diploma in Design/Drafting is required.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.