Process EngineerSt. Paul, MN
The Process Engineer plays a key role in the successful execution of projects. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Industry and Infrastructure, this individual will provide technical and engineering excellence, as well as successful delivery of work to our customers. The Process Engineer is responsible for a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and managed – both externally and internally. The successful candidate will also contribute to a dynamic team environment by being proactive, clear and frequent communication, and modeling a highly collaborative working environment. This person will spend time on site at a customer location (Minnesota), supporting the application of our work for this client. Additionally, this individual will assist the client in developing sound process management practices and documentation.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure code compliance.
- Performs engineering calculations.
- Develops estimates for assigned scope of work, and is accountable for ensuring we stay within scope.
- Assures that assigned work complies with KFI’s quality requirements.
- Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines.
- Documents new processes and work procedures as they are developed.
- Consults with on-site employees and KFI engineers on a variety of process engineering questions and problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
The successful candidate will have a pragmatic and applied approach, while at the same time bringing a creative examination of customer needs and solutions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated a keen interest in process and facility design in their choice of engineering classes as well as early career choices. This person will have strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable effective interaction with Designers, Engineers and Project Managers. This person has demonstrated the maturity and self-confidence to work with colleagues and customers. We will entertain new graduates for this position, as well as those who have 1-3 years of experience following graduation.
The successful candidate will be naturally collaborative, and possess the ability to assimilate a range of ideas, programs or alternatives into a set of recommendations. This person will be self-directed, but thrive in an environment where consultation leads to superior outcomes.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess include:
- Effective meeting management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adaptable and agile, responsive to quick changes in direction.
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Is well organized, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Makes it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved quickly.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
- Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
Bachelors’ degree in Chemical Engineering preferred. Preference will be shown for those interested in pursuing their Professional Engineering Registration.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.