Structural Revit/CAD TechnicianSt. Paul, MN
The Structural Technician – Industrial plays a key role in the successful execution of projects, focusing primarily on the production of Revit and AutoCAD drawings. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Structural Technician is responsible for producing quality construction documents, coordinating design work with other engineering disciplines and meeting project deadlines. The successful candidate will also be expected to work within a team environment and collaborate with other project team members.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Collaborates with project team to work on complex and diverse projects, often requiring multiple technologies
• Produce complete and accurate construction documents
• Layout structural elements of assigned projects and coordinate detailing
• Coordinate project design with other disciplines
• Participates in construction observations and prepares punch lists as assigned
• Ensures that all work outputs adhere to internal standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Minimum of 2-3 years of Revit/AutoCAD experience, more experience preferred
• Prior structural experience applied to industrial and institutional projects is preferred
• Field experience is not required, but is desirable
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience working with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
• Self-motivated and strong attention to detail
• Capable of operating with minimal supervision
• Ability to travel by car and/or air and remain for overnight stays
Understanding the Business
• Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
• Is well organized, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
• Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
• Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
• Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
• Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
• Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
Associate’s Degree in Architectural/structural drafting or equivalent
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.