You would join an existing team of accounting professionals and be responsible for some of the daily accounting duties. This is a great opportunity to gain insight into overall business operations while performing core accounting competencies. Our accounting team is responsible for supporting two separate companies; KFI Engineers and its sister organization North Central Aviation. If you are looking for a satisfying, rewarding opportunity, with a variety of duties, we are looking for you.
The position is fast pace, full time allowing for some flexibility of daily schedule while maintaining a “core hours” presence.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Input and maintain financial information in software programs
- Accounts receivable duties included collection follow up on past due accounts
- Assist with client invoice processing
- Accounts payable duties
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Client invoice processing
- Assist with project invoicing terms set-up
- Assist with processing employee expense reports
- Assist with company purchase orders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Highly motivated, professional demeanor with a “can do” attitude
- Team-oriented and strong work ethic
- Proficient and accurate data entry skills necessary
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, shift focus if needed to assist other staff
- Maintain a well-organized system to account for various information processed
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
- Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
REQUIRED- Bachelor of Science Accounting Degree with 1 – 2 years of equivalent experience or an Associate Degree in Accounting with 4 plus years of equivalent experience
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.