The Mechanical Designer – Industrial plays a key role in the successful execution of projects, focusing primarily on the production of AutoCAD drawings. Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, the Mechanical Designer is responsible for producing quality construction documents and coordinating design work with other engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will also be expected to work within a team environment and collaborate with other project team members.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Layout and design mechanical systems for assigned projects
- General Arrangement Drawings
- P&ID preparation
- Construction Documents
- Creation of 3D-models and piping isometric drawings
- Perform design work on complex and diverse projects, often requiring multiple technologies
- Coordinate project design with other disciplines
- Perform accurate design calculations and measurements
- Conducts construction observations.
- Sizes and selects components for mechanical systems.
- Collaborate with others as a CAD and design resource and provide training when assigned
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Is well organized, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
- Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
An AAS Degree in design/drafting is required. Additionally, 5 – 10 years design experience in a consulting and/or construction capacity is preferred.
- AAS Degree in Design/Drafting.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Agribusiness process plants
- Facility manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing / Clean Systems
- Central boiler and/or chiller plants
- Underground tunnel distribution systems
- Mechanical equipment / skid design.
- AutoCAD 2D experience is required; being skilled at 3D AutoCAD and/or REVIT would be highly desired
- Field experience is not required, but is desirable
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel by car and/or air and remain for overnight stays
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.