Mechanical DesignerSt. Paul, MN
The Mechanical Designer – Commercial plays a key role in the successful execution of projects, focusing primarily on the production of Revit and AutoCAD drawings. Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, the Mechanical Designer is responsible for designing complete building systems, producing quality construction documents and coordinating design work with other engineering disciplines.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Layout and design complete systems of assigned projects, including plumbing, hydronic and HVAC
- P&ID preparation
- Prepares design documents, including setting up drawings for plans, isometrics, details and schedules
- Effectively estimate hours and scope of work, thereby contributing to the creation of budgets and project schedules
- Coordinate project design with other disciplines
- Perform accurate design calculations and measurements
- Conducts construction observations and prepares punch lists as assigned
- Serves as a CAD, Revit and design resource to others and may provide training when assigned
- AAS Degree in Design/Drafting
- Experience drafting for one or more of the following:
o Commercial office buildings
o K-12 schools
o Hospitals and other healthcare facilities
o Retail buildings
o Maintenance facilities
- Expertise in both Revit and AutoCAD is required
- Field/construction experience is not required, but is desirable
- Proactive and flexible
- Learns quickly, rapidly assimilating new information
- Ability to travel for occasional overnight trips and day travel
- Physically fit for a combination of desk work and field visits
Understanding the Business
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Is well organized, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
- Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors. Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others.
- Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level,personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even contraryones
Five plus (5+) years design experience in an engineering consulting and/or construction capacity is required.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.