The Marketing Coordinator plays a key role in the successful execution of proposals and marketing efforts.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Business Development, this individual will be an integral part of
the execution of sales and marketing plans ranging from business development efforts to market
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Supports business development activities.
• Coordinate all aspects of written proposal development, including compiling technical and nontechnical data, editing, printing, assembly and submittal of proposal across all six KFI offices.
• Communicate and build internal and external relationships to ensure proposal strategy and input is
accurate, persuasive and timely.
• Gather, and write information for project sheets and resumes, compile and format.
• Manage project sheet information and enter into the KFI database.
• Maintain the project experience and resume databases with consistent formatting and writing
• Distribute resumes/project sheets to industry partners – make sure content is relevant and
consistent with the opportunity.
• Coordinate, schedule, and maintain project photos.
• Assist with website and social media updates, automation, and analytics.
• Contribute to the development and day-to-day implementation of corporate marketing standards.
• Ensure that corporate identity and brand guidelines are followed across all offices.
• Support the planning and execution of industry conferences and trade shows, including scheduling,
resource planning and other event logistics.
• Assist in special events corporate-wide.
• Assist in the preparation of interview/presentations and handout materials as required.
• Continuously expand and update professional knowledge and skills in order to enhance individual
and team innovation and productivity.
• Perform other corporate marketing duties and responsibilities as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Minimum of three years related experience, preferably within the
• Passion and a creative spirit, with attention to detail and design capabilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to assist with marketing and technical
• Strong organizational skills with the proficiency to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Serve as a brand ambassador by maintaining consistent communication across all six offices
through both voice and print.
• Knowledge and proficiency in database, word processing, spreadsheet and
graphics/publishing/presentation software: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, CRM/Deltek
• Graphics capabilities to include concept design, layout, text formatting, image formatting, and
knowledge of graphics software (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop).
Understanding the Business
• Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job;
understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and
• Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get
things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less
and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
• Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate
action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Focusing on the Customer
• Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and
processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer
issues are resolved.
• Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a
• Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality,
or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
Displays Business Acumen
• Exhibits the capability of quickly grasping business situations, and dealing with them in a manner
that acknowledges the risks and capitalizes on the opportunities. Is able to think about the longerterm implications of a decision while at the same time managing the execution of short-term
Bachelors’ degree in Marketing or Communications, or a related field is required.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive hourly wage and benefits package will be
offered. Note that this position is non-exempt, and eligible for overtime pay.