The Project Executive plays a key role in the successful growth of KFI, focusing primarily on marketing, business/project development, and project management. This position reports to the Director, Industry and Infrastructure. The successful candidate is expected to work within a team environment, lead teams and collaborate with other project team members.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Serve as “Project Executive” on certain larger projects, assisting Project Managers and strategically engaging with clients.
• Identify opportunities to diversify both the client and industry base served by the Industrial group.
• As requested, serve as Project Manager for clients that require a more seasoned and experienced individual at the helm.
• Actively contribute to business development activities and proposals.
• Through a variety of marketing and business development activities, contribute to building the backlog of opportunities and projects.
• Attend customer and prospect meetings, engaging in discussions to identify needs and opportunities.
• Attend conferences and trade shows, networking and identifying new leads and prospects.
• Write proposals.
• Help drive the development of projects, thereby ensuring a common understanding of project scope, feasibility and funding requirements.
• Act as a mentor, supporting the growth and development of other staff members. Areas to focus on could include understanding the P&L statements of our customers, planning and preparation for customer visits and business development calls, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will have a pragmatic and applied approach, while at the same time fostering a thorough examination of customer needs and potential application of our capabilities.
Strong business acumen must be demonstrated, along with an ability to engage others and build credibility at a senior level. Ideally, the person filling this position will have strong project management skills and operations experience, developed in either a manufacturing or processing facility. Construction experience, or significant time spent on a construction site, will also be important for the person filling this position. This person will have strong interpersonal skills to enable effective mentoring and development of engineers and project managers. The person will possess strong communication skills, and influencing skills, and has demonstrated the maturity and self-confidence to work with senior business leaders and customers. The level of seasoning we are looking for likely comes with a minimum of 15 years of experience following graduation.
The successful candidate will be naturally collaborative, and possess the ability to assimilate a range of ideas, programs or alternatives into a set of recommendations. This person will be self-directed, but thrive in an environment where consultation leads to superior outcomes.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess include:
• Strong technical skills, and the demonstrated ability to understand and apply engineering and design principles and standards.
• Effective meeting management skills.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills. Capable of communicating in both large and small group settings.
• Strong time management skills. Able to balance and accommodate competing priorities.
Understanding the Business
• Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the “KFI way” – our Mission, Vision and processes. Learns new methods and technologies easily.
Creating the New and Different
• Is able to generate exciting ideas; is an effective strategist who can see beyond the obvious; has broad interests and knowledge.
• Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
• Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Getting Work Done Through Others
• Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
Focusing on the Customer
• Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company. Ensures that customer issues are resolved.
• Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
• Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background. Encourages others to express their views, even those contrary to current thinking.
Displays Business Acumen
• Exhibits the capability of quickly grasping business situations, and dealing with them in a manner that acknowledges the risks and capitalizes on the opportunities. Is able to think about the longer-term implications of a decision while at the same time managing the execution of short-term deliverables.
• Is skilled at getting individuals and teams to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or a related field is required.
Recognizing the importance of this position to KFI, a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.